Inspired by Amjad Ali’s post I will not be doing… . here are some things I won’t be doing in the half-term break.
- Wearing a watch. Just for a week, time isn’t the boss of me.
- Hearing the phrase ‘roger, Rodger’ over a walkie-talkie (I sometimes think of changing my surname to ‘Over’).
- Missing lunch. That may add a bit to my waistline, but I can’t believe that the ‘run off my feet: no time to eat’ diet is actually good for me.
- Wearing grooves in the A418 driving back and forth to Oxford. I barely have to steer anymore.
- Wearing a lanyard telling people who I am.
- Shaving. I know, I’m such a slob. But my face enjoys the rest.
- Wearing a natty fluorescent tabard between 11.10am and 11.35am.
- Doing anything strategic.
- Responding to bells.
- Wasting my Netflix subscription. On which note…bye!